First Parish Malden is elated to announce, Otto O’Connor as our chosen candidate for settled minister. Unitarian Universalists choose, or “call,” their own clergy leaders through a two-year search and settlement process. The Ministerial Search Committee members were thrilled to recommend Otto as the next permanent minister for the church. Otto’s call to permanent, or “settled,” ministry will be voted on by the congregation on May 7.
We invite you to get to know Otto by visiting http://www.ottooconnor.com before the multitude of events during Candidating Week: Saturday, April 29th – Sunday, May 7th. All events are at First Parish, unless otherwise noted.
During Candidating Week you can:
- Meet with Otto 1:1 (office hours 5-7 pm on Monday, May 1)
- Introduce your kiddos at Family Night (5:15 pm, Thursday, May 4)
- Come hear him preach at one of two Sunday Services (Sunday, April 30 and May 7),
- Laugh with him over wine and cheese (7:30 pm on Monday, May 1)
- Bond with him outside at the picnic (12-2 pm, Saturday, May 6, Pine Banks Park)
- Even engage with him in a Jam Session!
Otto has an incredible amount of enthusiasm and heart to bring to First Parish and we couldn’t be more thrilled!!